Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day Fifty Eight

Blue Moon...

 
So, can I call myself a photographer now?
Because, this early morning (some would argue, the middle of the night), I noticed the bright reflection of light on our back fence. I had my blankets and socks in hand, hoping to catch another couple of hours of sleep on a Saturday morning, laying on the big couch...
But I thought this might be awesome and I couldn't ignore it. 
So, there I am on the front lawn, 3:00 A.M., camera in hand, barefoot on the deck in sub-freezing temperatures.
Just so I could shoot the moon.

Good enough for George Bailey, good enough for me!

Note: The white spot, roughly in the center of the shot is not a speck on my lens, as I first suspected. I'm not an Astronomy expert- can't say what it is, but it looks cool, right?




 





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, 3 am?!? I would have been snug and warm in my bed. Then again, I've never caught anything like this. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have determination!!! This is stunning! Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete