Monday, February 1, 2010

Day Thirty

We made a promise to our son, who's obviously neglected (NOT) that we would make a family game night. I've had so much fun with this. However, this Friday, I was exhausted and we asked if we could do it Saturday afternoon, instead. We got the O.K. and that's what we did.

It was Apples to Apples in a manner so cutthroat that I expect Oliver Stone to call any minute for permission to review the controversy in his next film. Sandra Bullock will play me. My husband would love that!
First of all, the rules have you play until one player has either five cards or seven. I forget. Anyway, little buddy saw his opportunity and declared that, this time, we will play to twelve.
Yeah. Twelve.

We ended up in a four-way, eleven card tie. What makes this more difficult is that we take turns being the judge. This meant that on the final turn, the judge CAN NOT win.
Whoever wins the card does win. All of it. The whole enchilada.
Well, in our case, half of a tuna sandwich.
Turns out the victory went to my daughter. I still say that Captain Kirk fits the nerdy card way more than the black hole or penguins or marshmallows. He's the poster guy for nerds worlwide!!
But I digress...

My son got his game day (and I mean DAY) and his sister emerged the victor.

Rematch?
Oh... it's on!

 
Note: no one else was willing to be photographed because we stayed in our jams all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment