Monday, April 5, 2010

Day Ninety Three

This Easter...

This year is like no other before it for our family. My husband was a pastor until last Spring. We have been in both senior pastor positions and associate/youth pastor positions (always a slash). In any case, there have been Easter preparations and service plans that have always ended up, in the end, trying to take over any real time I may have otherwise spent actually reconciling the meaning of the holiday in my heart. Add to the obvious pressure as a pastor's/staff wife, many of these years I also was worship leader/choir director (see, the slash. And the slash goes on...) and the pressure tripled. At least. I believe I even remember a year, not too long ago, when we hit the mother lode and celebrated a Sunrise service celebrating Christ's resurrection followed by a choir performance that had been MONTHS in the making AND daylight savings time all on the same bleary morning. Sure, I'd always manage to pull out the teary "thank you Jesus"and did, most definitely come to a moment of  impact. But I was always feeling the frenzy. That "I'll have to get back to You later, God. But, really, thanks" thing ...

Not this year.

This year has been intentionally, decidedly low key as far as the busyness goes. We, as a family, are no longer on that treadmill. It's a good thing.

The story is long and we're very happy to be on this side of things this year. And the fact that I had the time to take a shot of an egg that my husband (with the kids) took time to design for me speaks volumes concerning the miracle of this family fully taking time to be a family in this most blessed of seasons.

Thank you, Father for the cross. 
And thank you for this moment... this peace on a Saturday.










No comments:

Post a Comment