Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Two Hundred Eighty Two

 

The Rose Garden In Eugene.

We dated here. We read together and studied together here.

We took our lunch breaks together here.

It was time for a visit.

Rose Garden.arbor

Rose Garden.arches

Rose Garden.fuzzy.rose

My daughter being a photographer...

Rose Garden.Pictures of People Taking Pictures

This tree is enormous. The surrounding rosebushes are taller than me, to put it in perspective.

I want to climb it.

Rose Garden.Climbing Tree

Rose Garden.bud.sooc

I came with a mission to take a picture of “our bench”.

It overlooks the Willamette River and he proposed to me there.

I’ve been so eager to take a photo of it for this project.

I wasn’t counting on the gentleman sitting there, reading a book with unmistakable contentedness on his face and in his demeanor.

 

So I did something I wouldn’t normally do. I stole a shot of him.

After all, he was on OUR bench and I’m sure he wouldn’t have appreciated my asking him to move. It’s just a bit weird to me that anyone else has ever enjoyed that particular spot. It honestly had never occurred to me.

Rose Garden.Our Bench

Boots&Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment