Friday, September 17, 2010

Day Two Hundred Fifty Four

 

I was buttoning the overalls my youngest daughter had proudly chosen to wear on her first day of Kindergarten. Too excited to sleep much.

My four month old son was cooing in his bouncy seat and my ten-year-old girl and her Dad were still sleeping.

I watched the news every morning- just like this one. I was also sleep-deprived with the new baby, and all.

So when the first plane hit and Peter Jennings broke in with the news, things didn’t register past, “Wow… what a bad accident.”

But as reality took over, the realization came that planes held people and buildings held people and then, the second plane...

How could we ever forget? But I make a point to remember anyway.

This movie, though rough around the edges, is excellent.

9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment